Here is the official list of everything new that has been added to the program. There has been 30 bug fixes applied to the program as well, which can you view here.
- Added Smart Zoom, Smart Scale, and Smart adaptive deinterlacing to allow you to upscale clips for Ultra HD delivery (requires a supported NVIDIA, AMD/ATI, or Intel GPU).
- Added support for working with high-frame-rate (HFR) clips.
- Added hover scrub to the Trimmer for fast scrubbing.
- Updated support for current BlackMagic Design hardware: DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G, 4K Pro, 4K Extreme, Studio 4K, SDI 4K, HD Extreme, Extreme 3D, Mini Monitor, and Mini Recorder; Intensity Shuttle, Pro 4K, and Pro; UltraStudio 4K Extreme, 4K, Pro, SDI, Express, Mini Monitor, and Mini Recorder
- Improved support for clips from RED ONE, EPIC, SCARLET, and WEAPON cameras.
- Added Post lift, Post gamma, Post gain, and Dragon enhanced blacks controls to the R3D Decode Properties dialog.
- Fixed an issue that caused certain clips to fail to load on upgraded RED WEAPON cameras with older firmware.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when loading certain old RED ONE clips.
- Fixed a color cast that could occur in clips shot with RED Motion Mount on the latest camera firmware.
- Updated support for current AJA hardware.
- Added a Resample mode drop-down list to the Video tab in the Project Properties dialog.
- Improved playback and editing performance when using a Dynamic RAM Preview cache size greater than 200 MB.
- Improved gamma calculations for still-image sequence renders for 32-bit floating point projects. Now levels for 32-bit floating point (video levels) and 32-bit floating point (full range) with nonlinear gamma are more consistent with 8-bit levels.
- Added a Group Video and Audio Events script (Tools > Scripting) to allow you to easily group audio and video events from an imported EDL.
- Increased the top-end of the range of event Velocity envelopes to 1,000% to increase the maximum possible overall velocity of video on the timeline to 40 times normal speed (in conjunction with the Playback rate event property).
- New artwork and icons for buttons and other interface elements give the application an updated, more modern look and feel.
- Support for reading and writing HEVC/H265 files.
- Native support for reading ProRes 422 files without the need for QuickTime.